Today I would like to announce the release of ‘Buy Sell Ads’ WordPress Plugin, a plugin to help you easily integrate your Buy Sell Ads zones and includes anti-AdBlock meaures to help prevent AdBlock (and similar software) from blocking Buy Sell Ads advertisements.
You might ask “Why would I want to do that?” Here is why:
- AdBlock lowers your ad impression statistics tracked by Buy Sell Ads, which makes your advertisement spot lose value.
- Buy Sell Ads advertisers will have an extra incentive to advertise on your site because AdBlock will not be able to block their ads.
Again, feel free to use the comments section for bug reports and feature requests/suggestions.
Attention AdBlock Lovers:
Please resist the urge to flame this plugin just because you are an AdBlock lover. I did not write this plugin because I hate AdBlock, but rather because I love publishers and their quality content. I truly believe that this is a useful plugin. If you are planning on rating this plugin, please give it a fair chance by downloading it and evaluating it before you rate.
This simple plugin helps you easily integrate your Buy Sell Ads zones and includes anti-AdBlock measures to prevent AdBlock (and other similar softwares) from blocking Buy Sell Ads advertisements on your site.
- Easy Buy Sell Ads integration. All you need is your site key!
- Anti-AdBlock capabilities (currently not available/being reworked).
- Ability to automatically place ads into posts/pages and widget sidebar.
- Upload the plugin to your plugins folder: ‘wp-content/plugins/’
- Make sure ‘wp-content/plugins/buy-sell-ads/cache’ is writeable by the web server. (try ‘chmod 777 wp-content/plugins/buy-sell-ads/cache’)
- Activate the ‘Buy Sell Ads’ plugin from the Plugins admin panel.
- Go to the Settings -> Buy Sell Ads and add your site key.
- (optional) Choose to insert ads into your post/pages or widget sidebar.
- (optional) For non-sidebar ads, you may modify your theme to include the line <?php bsa_zone(’1234567′); ?> where 1234567 is your zone ID.
Make sure you visit the Buy Sell Ads plugin options page after upgrading and check if you need to click the “reactivate” button to get the latest new options.
- To find your site key do the following:
- Go to your BSA publisher dashboard.
- Click “Get Ad Code” on any zone.
- Find the zone specific snippet section and find the text that looks like the below highlighted text (this is your site key).
- To insert a zone into your theme you can specify:
<?php bsa_zone(’1234567′); ?>
Where do I file bugs, make feature requests, ask for support?
Please post any support requests on the official WordPress support forum. Some kind soul may help you there. All support requests on this comment form will not be responded to.
Like the plugin?
If you are impressed with the plugin and would like to give back, here are some ways you can support this plugin:
- Rate this plugin 5 stars in WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Buy me a cup of coffee or two.
- Spread the word about my plugin by writing about it on your blog, tweeting, digging, stumbling, etc.
- Help translate the plugin into another language.