Today I would like to announce the release of ‘SEO No Duplicate’ WordPress Plugin, a plugin that helps tell search engine bots the preferred version of a post page by specifying the canonical properly within your head tag.
Why would you do such a thing? Simply because many black-hat SEO consultants abuse duplicate content to gain search ranking and search engines try really hard to detect and penalize them. The last thing you want to do is present yourself as an SEO spammer to search engines.
This plugin is based on my previous post on how to automatically deal with duplicate content. Please feel free to use the comments section for bug reports, feature requests, and suggestions.
This plugin improves your site’s search engine optimization by helping you manage your search engine duplicate content, by setting your post page’s canonical to the permalink.
- Helps you get rid of search engine duplicate content problem.
- Easy implementation. Just activate and go.
- Upload the plugin to your plugins folder: ‘wp-content/plugins/’
- Activate the ‘SEO No Duplicate’ plugin from the Plugins admin panel.
Where do I file bugs, make feature requests, ask for support?
Please post any support requests on the official WordPress support forum. Some kind soul may help you there. All support requests on this comment form will not be responded to.
Like the plugin?
If you are impressed with the plugin and would like to give back, here are some ways you can support this plugin:
- Rate this plugin 5 stars in WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Buy me a cup of coffee or two.
- Spread the word about my plugin by writing about it on your blog, tweeting, digging, stumbling, etc.
- Help translate the plugin into another language.