I have previously reviewed the Minify PHP application and found that the only drawback it had for a WordPress user was that it was semi-tedious to integrate with WordPress. Because of that I would like to release the ‘WP Minify’ WordPress plugin that will integrate Minify into WordPress for you and help you improve your site load time.
This plugin helps you easily integrate the Minify engine into your WordPress blog. Once enabled, this plugin will combine and compress JS and CSS files to improve page load time.
How Does it Work?
Upon page load, WP Minify intercepts scripts and style printing at the ‘wp_print_scripts’ and ‘wp_print_styles’ hook. WP Minify grabs these files in the proper order (minding dependencies) and passes that list to the Minify engine. The Minify engine then returns a consolidated, minified, and compressed script or style. WP Minify then references this compressed script or style in the WordPress header instead of each individual scripts/styles.
- Easily integrate Minify into your WordPress blog.
- Debug tools to help you debug your issues.
- Ability to include extra JS and CSS files for Minifying.
- Ability to exclude certain JS and CSS files for Minifying.
- Minified JS and CSS files can be placed wherever you want.
- Support for to minifying external files via caching.
- Ability to pass extra arguments to Minify engine.
- Expire headers for minified JS and CSS files.
- Detection and elimination of duplicate sources.
- Plugin hooks!
- Options Page
- Upload the plugin to your plugins folder: ‘wp-content/plugins/’
- Make sure ‘wp-content/plugins/wp-minify/cache’ is writeable by the web server. (try ‘chmod 777 wp-content/plugins/wp-minify/cache’)
- Activate the ‘WP Minify’ plugin from the Plugins admin panel.
Where do I file bugs and ask for support?
Please post any support requests on the official WordPress support forum. Some kind soul may help you there. All support requests on this comment form will not be responded to.
Like the plugin?
If you are impressed with the plugin and would like to give back, here are some ways you can support this plugin:
- Rate this plugin 5 stars in WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Buy me a cup of coffee or two.
- Spread the word about my plugin by writing about it on your blog, tweeting, digging, stumbling, etc.
- Help translate the plugin into another language.