I received a lot of great feedback for versions 4.0-4.1.1, so I decided to incorporate some of those suggestions into version 4.2. I have also ran through my 25 test cases prior to releasing the code so hopefully, this release will go a lot smoother than version 4.0 release. *IMPORTANT* Upon upgrading, make sure you deactivate then reactivate the plugin. This will give you default settings for newly available options.
What’s new in this release?
- Auto-insert into the top of posts by default.
- Added ability to auto-insert into the top of pages.
- AJAXify adding new greeting message in administration.
- New settings to make messages closable or not.
- Easier exclusion rules (with regex toggle).
- Prevent self-referral to trigger greeting messages.
- Refferals are now per domain, instead of per URL.
- Fixed a bug that causes greeting messages to not work if one of the custom messages did not have a referrer URL specified.
- Fixed a bug that causes greeting messages to not work on non-default path WordPress installations.
- More generic/stable CSS defaults.
I encourage everybody to upgrade. I have put a lot of hard work into this release so don’t forget to buy me a cup of coffee or write about the plugin if you like it!
Where do I download, file bugs, make feature requests, comments, and suggestions?
Please visit the original plugin post.